Thursday, February 25, 2010

Medium

Not entirely sure the of motivation behind this blog business. Self-indulgent? I haven't written in my journal since starting this. I like the action of hand-writing, the character of the letters, the pressure, the colour of the ink, it all tells as much a story as the words themselves. Here, the words are uniform. There are tricks, tactics, to express (dear lord not emoticons tho' I'm guilty of the sideways happy-face : ) Very OK Computer, this. Which reminds me, I need a new copy of that album. But I digress.
To ramble or not to ramble. What is the purpose of blogs? To be noticed? To trace one's own steps in the journey of life? Jeezus. As mentioned, I prefer the old-school actual writing thang. I read Lisa's & thought, yeah, this ought to be fun. I do like the colourful bubbles, I must say. Do I believe I have anything worth sharing? Not particularly, no I do not. It's taking time to come to grips with the medium-ness of my life. Mediocrity. Yikes. If some sweet Mama wants to feel a kindred burst of comfort there are far better places than here to find it. As with creative types too busy to actually DO their art, whatever that may be at any given moment. Babe is up from her nap & her nursing is coming to a close so I shall too. Perhaps the debate will continue next time...?
m : }

No comments:

Post a Comment