Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First & foremost

Font dilemma. When in doubt go with the Times. *snort* Recently bought a new laptop & have found myself surrounded by bubbles in cyberspace feeling, of course, at a loss for words. No matter. Plug on bravely & start by saying that I hope friends Lisa, Abe, Kai & baby to come are all well.
Yesterday at the kitchen table whilst feeding 8 1/2 month old Ruby it occurred to me that the clearest most indisputable proof in existence that humanity is, on a whole, completely stark-raving mad is that there are such things as siblings. I mean, I can understand having ONE baby. We don't know what we're in for, we think it will be different for us, we'll still have time to do yoga, to paint, play the piano, do plays, choreograph dances, drink red wine with friends & make an arse of oneself at karaoke....ahem...that our bodies will joyously & effortlessly bounce back to look better than ever. That we'll still have time to clean, watch Lost, write a blog (?!@#) de-flea the dog...ok ok you get the picture. Then there's the issue of the pain. It hurts. it really really does. the pain isn't the worst of it though. It's the fear. So much can go wrong & even though babes more often than nought come out just fine there's always something. Funny heart beats or placental previa or gestational diabetes, breech positioning or pre-eclampsia. I totally agree with Ina May Gaskin that birth & delivery is a natural thing, not to be feared. BUT only for those who aren't doing it at that moment. I am so glad that I'm done (so very, as in, like dinner) & I feel for every pregnant mama & hope that she's not nearly as terrified as I could get during any of my 3 pregnancies. Well, #2 was really easy. I was doing a ridiculous amount of yoga. It doesn't count.

Not at all what I expected to rant about & I also have to say that I'm really only half-serious. Which half is yet to be determined *snort* (again).

Rubes is waking up & I have yet to get dressed & find some tax papers & make lunch & & & ...

: ) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment